Corneal Abrasion - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Corneal Abrasion.
What treatment has been effective for your corneal abrasion?

My vision was a little blurry in one eye on Sunday. I thought it was my contact. I went to sleep and woke up to vision that was even more blurry. I removed the contact, put on my glasses, but my vision was still blurry. Then the pain came, and it got worse and worse in a very short amount of time. 7 am - blurry vision, 7:30 am - terrible pain in the eye. Saw my ophthalmologist at 9:30. He said I had a central corneal abrasion and more than 50% of my cornea was gone. I went home with a pressure eye patch. I did what he said; rest, rest, and more rest. The next day, I started using the antibiotic eye drops. Followed up two days later and it is healing nicely. Thank God!.

I had thought I got something in my eye as it kept tearing up and felt like something was in it. For three hours my eye would not stop tearing tear drops. Finally I called a nurse and she advised ER. The ER doc examined my eye after numbing it. Then he found nothing but did an eye IV of saline solution for 15 minutes to make sure nothing was in my eye. It is a special contact the put over your eye and the solution runs over your eye onto a pile of towels and can flush out anything in your eye. It didn't hurt until two minutes before it ended and then my eye burned a bit, but I put up with it. Before that he actually saw the cornea abrasion with a special dye he put in my eye and looked at it with special light. The aftercare was four drops a day of antibiotics, eye drops for seven days to prevent bacterial infection. First three days I took Motrin for pain. I had my eye examined four days later by an eye doctor and the corneal abrasion was all healed!.