Corneal Ulcer - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Corneal Ulcer.
What was the treatment for your corneal ulcer?

Had bad encounter with mascara applicator. I went to ophthalmologist 4 days later after much pain. Said I had ulcerated and infected cornea. Gave me ZYMAXID (gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution 0.5%) to use every hour that I'm awake for three days. Also BROMDAY (bromfenac ophthalmic solution 0.09%) to use one drop per day for pain. Also Tylenol with codeine for pain. He is checking my eye every other day to ensure it is getting better, not worse. The drops have helped tremendously with the pain. Would advise if you have discomfort/pain get to the Dr. Mine said it was good I went in when I did as it just would have gotten worse. Also to continue drops until he tells me to quit-- even after pain is alleviated, the infection is still there- may take 2 to 3 weeks to clear up..

I was told that I was to have no contact wear for a week and to use steroid eye drops three times a day for seven days..