Labyrinthitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Labyrinthitis.
What symptoms did you experience with labyrinthitis?

Published: March 31

I had labyrinthitis last July 2015. I was walking my dog and suddenly out of the blue I couldn’t carry on to get home as I felt the world was moving. I had to call out for help, luckily someone heard me and helped me and my dog back home. I then had this for 2 months where I couldn’t step out of my home and everyday chores were difficult. I thought I was stuck with it! A horrible debilitating illness. It did eventually subside but even now I feel very anxious about going out. Some days are worse than others and I seem to need to chew humbugs wherever I go; not good for teeth or tum but it does help..

I was going on a drive when I suddenly felt that the swaying I have been feeling for a month that I thought might be the cause of cholesterol had started again. I ignored it. Then I felt that my lower body is like fusing off and it all was going to my head. I never felt any spinning surroundings or ringing of bells. I then went to the doctor who is my elder brother and he diagnosed me as suffering from labyrinthitis. I have been feeling only swaying previously. But that night I felt like that my body is going to turn off. I am very thankful to all those people who wrote in this forum..