Labyrinthitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Labyrinthitis.
What symptoms did you experience with labyrinthitis?

I got in a bad car accident. And ever since I have had headaches, pressure in my head, pressure in my ears, nausea, and some ringing in my ears, and I am really off balance. The accident was over 2 years ago! I have been living with this for so long, I was just about ready to give up. And then I googled my symptoms and I was so happy to see that there was a name for this. And everything everyone wrote and was experiencing the same as I was. I also quit drinking, my head feels so messed up. I feel like I am 100 years old. I have an appointment next week with an ENT doctor and I can't wait. Hopefully he can help me get back to my normal self. Thank you everyone who has written on labyrinthitis..

I was fit and healthy. I tipped my head back in the shower 5 years ago. The world began to spin and I had vomiting and diarrhea. I was hospitalized for 2 days. I have seen 2 ENTs and 3 neurologists. I have had every test there is, including spin chair. I did vestibular therapy, acupuncture and cranial massage. They guess at diagnosis of vestibular neuritis. I took drugs for migraine associated vertigo (MAV) or labyrinthitis. Nothing helps. I have oscillopsia and BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). I still feel drunk every day. There is no medical fix for virus damaged cranial nerves. I quit going to doctors. They know nothing and treat me like a mental patient..