Seizures in Children - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Seizures in Children.
What symptoms did your child experience before, during, and after his/her seizure?

Published: March 05

My 11 month old girl had a stomach flu. Long story short, she didn’t have a fever when it happened, but she had a seizure for 15 minutes. I went to the emergency room and 10 hours later she had another for 18 minutes. Three weeks later at home she had another seizure for 14 minutes. Doctor put her on medications and said she has epilepsy. It always happened when she was going to sleep..

My son is 5 years old and has been healthy, and has been developing at a normal rate. On mother’s day at 2 am my brother heard a loud thud. He went upstairs and found my son on the floor having a seizure. There was vomit on the bed and my son was on the floor. It lasted 15 minutes. It was so scary. He was jerking very violently, and his eyes were rolling in the back of his head. He had an mri ,an eeg ,they did a spinal tap. Nothing was found. He did not have a temperature. It was horrible. I hope it never happens again. No one should have to see their child like that..