Seizures in Children - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Seizures in Children.
What symptoms did your child experience before, during, and after his/her seizure?

My son is 5 years old and has been healthy, and has been developing at a normal rate. On mother’s day at 2 am my brother heard a loud thud. He went upstairs and found my son on the floor having a seizure. There was vomit on the bed and my son was on the floor. It lasted 15 minutes. It was so scary. He was jerking very violently, and his eyes were rolling in the back of his head. He had an mri ,an eeg ,they did a spinal tap. Nothing was found. He did not have a temperature. It was horrible. I hope it never happens again. No one should have to see their child like that..

Elijah was 3 years old in January Last October, he started having seizures where his body just tensed up and he would slobber and his eyes fixed. Lasting only a minute. Then in November, I woke up at 3 am and he was having full blown seizure that lasted more than 15 minutes. His whole body jerked. He went to ER both times. He was put on Tegretol, 8 mls every 12 hours. He had a couple of small seizures until last week. He started having them again. Staring and fixed. He was airlifted to a hospital and spent Easter weekend there, from Saturday until Monday. The neurologist there changed his medications to Carbatrol 200 miligrams ER. (2 times a day.) One sign is that he sleeps late in the morning. He is usually up around 8:30 and the last couple of times it happened, he has slept till after 10am. He has had an EEG and an MRI, both were normal. Has also had a spinal tap. Normal too. Thanks for any help God..