Cerebral Palsy - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cerebral Palsy.
What symptoms did your child experience with cerebral palsy?

This goes to any parent that is concerned because his/her child has cerebral palsy. I was born with mild cerebral palsy affecting both of my legs. I have had surgery to lengthen my hamstrings which has helped immensely. I don't consider CP a disability because I've never excluded myself from any physical activity. I wrestled varsity in high school. When I work out I do all of the exercises that any average gym member would do. My best advice would be to not worry so much about the restrictions because your child can push past them..

Published: April 30

I had a difficult labor and eventually had an emergency C-section. A month later my daughter had brain surgery for subdural hematoma. Post-surgery, she was diagnosed with cp. She is totally unaware and negligent of the left side of her body. She'll be 2 years old soon and hasn't crawled, stood or walked. She also can’t form any words. It’s really heartbreaking. I hope it gets better with time..