Mole Removal - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Mole Removal.
Please describe your experience with mole removal.

Four weeks ago, I had a mole removed from my back along the upper part of my bra line. A biopsy was also done. All went fine. However a week later I woke with a very bad debilitating pain starting at the site of the biopsy and radiating down my side rib cage and ending underneath my breast in my rib cage on that side. I went back to the dermatologist. He did a culture (negative), gave me a few shots of Lidocaine and suggested possibly shingles. He said I should go to my doctor to get some tests done. I went to my doctor. He did not think it was shingles since I had shingles 6 months before on the other side of my body. The pain feels like shingles pain but I have no rash and it has been 3 weeks. I am living on two Motrin, 3 times a day. My doctor said I could have inflammation under the site of the biopsy that could have affected the nerve. I am still miserable and it has been 3 weeks. .

My dermatologist cauterized several small moles and one large one two weeks ago. He told me the large type could take two to three weeks to heal. I wish I had known that before undergoing the removal so I could have planned better. The large one was smack dab under my bra band in front. The healing has been painful even without a bra, very painful with one, which I can't bear very long. I am a keloid former, and this may have something to do with it. Keeping a Band-aid on it seems to help the most. I am allergic to Neosporin and have used cortisone cream and Bacitracin..