Diabetic Ketoacidosis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
What symptoms did you experience with diabetic ketoacidosis?

Published: April 14

I have type 2 diabetes. I gave myself more than 300 shots. My doctor put me on metformin. This takes the place of insulin shots. There are three different doses. What made it for me was 850 mg per meal. I count my carbohydrates, 60 per meal, and take my pill. I have seen here, folks that have 200, 300, 695 mg/dl of glucose. It is tough to manage, but if you keep to it, you will do well. Check the bottoms of your feet daily. If you are ticklish, you are doing fine. Give up cakes, pies, ice cream and other things high in carbohydrates. If you do, you will be fine. By the way, my average glucose reading is less than 120. Set that as your goal. Have good days!.

Published: March 05

I have been having really different symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis for the last two weeks. I am type 2 diabetic. I have been really thirsty, even waking up to drink in the middle of the night, and so of course going more frequently to the bathroom, even several times at night. My blood sugars have been in the high 200s 300s and a couple low 400s. My heart rate is high. I can constantly feel it in my ears. I am disoriented at times which sometimes feels like a headache but isn't. One day I'm good and the very next day I can't even function, just want to stay in bed. I am not depressed, just weak body..