Acetaminophen (Tylenol) Poisoning - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acetaminophen Poisoning (Tylenol).
What symptoms did you experience with acetaminophen poisoning?

Published: December 24

I am 66 years young and in fair health. I was a critical care nurse for 35 years and very satisfied with my work. I began having pain in my back in 2004, then I was host to a serious lung infection. I had to stop working in 2006. I was on patches for my back pain and taking acetaminophen for arthritic pain. The patches were not doing as well as they were eight years ago. I was taking up to six extra strength per day. I thought I was safe. Package warnings should include information about long-term use of acetaminophen. My first symptom was debilitating nausea and weakness. Saliva was pouring from my mouth and nose, and abdominal pain was constant. I perspired profusely. The acute phase lasted about 45 minutes. I hallucinated people in my home and about the house for 12-14 hours. I was aware that I was hallucinating, but it still was disconcerting. .

A lot of diarrhea and a weight loss of 6 pounds in 2 or 3 days..