Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection.
What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

It started out with very bad pain on my right side of my back at the bottom. I started vomiting and diarrhea, ran a fever for a day and I lay in bed for a week before I was able to drive myself to the hospital. They did blood work and checked my urine and said I had a kidney infection. I was given fluids and shots of antibiotics and pain shots, sent home with pills for pain, antibiotics and Ambien for 7 days. I'm still not well, my back is hurting so bad I had to rub it with tiger balm to numb it for a little while. I'm still sick, I wonder if I should go back to the hospital and make them x-ray my back..

I am a 27 year old man who went to the ER a week ago and was diagnosed with a kidney infection. I was treated with IV fluids, pain medication and sent home with antibiotics. I have been back to the ER twice since. The pain is still severe. I am constantly sick to my stomach, vomiting; now I have a horrible headache and my blood pressure is 160/54. They said I don't have an infection now and sent me home with vicodin which is not helping. I feel worse not better..