Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection.
What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

I am a 27 year old man who went to the ER a week ago and was diagnosed with a kidney infection. I was treated with IV fluids, pain medication and sent home with antibiotics. I have been back to the ER twice since. The pain is still severe. I am constantly sick to my stomach, vomiting; now I have a horrible headache and my blood pressure is 160/54. They said I don't have an infection now and sent me home with vicodin which is not helping. I feel worse not better..

Hi everyone, I have a left atrophic kidney (very mall and damaged) next to no function since I was a teenager. I too have been hospitalized many times with vomiting, high fever and unbelievable flank pain which is lower side/back pain, but I also get pain shooting down the front also. My kidney spasms a lot, so I do get this uncomfortable pain without a fever or vomitting. I was just told my creatinine level is over 300 (in Canada) normal is from 50-100. I’m a little scared but I don't complain, I have gotten used to the annoying pain over the years and sometimes I wait to long to mention and end up with a bad infection. I do get chronic u.t.i's. Oh well I guess I will have to wait and see what’s next for me..