CT Scan - Helped With Your Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography).
Please describe how a CT Scan has helped in your diagnosis.

Published: April 22

I went to my doctor with lower abdominal and back pain. I had pains in my right side. He ordered blood work and a CT scan of my abdominal. It turned out I had a large gall stone. I was a little scared about the CT scan because I had previously had an MRI for another issue and found that experience scary and loud, but the CT scan was much quieter and you are not enclosed in that tunnel. Now I will probably have my gall bladder removed and feel much better. Thanks to the CT Scan. The technician was very nice and explained exactly what I would feel with the contrast injection. (a radiating heat from head to toe, very weird feeling) She helped me breath through that feeling and was even able to tell me how long it would last (less than a couple of minutes..

hello there myI once had a cat scan. I was very scared because I never had one before, but I must say that from the moment I walked into the hospital the doctors made me feel very safe in there care it was even the first time I had ever been to the hospital other then when I was born. The reason why I had to get a CT SCAN was because I had very bad lower cramps and at the time I was on my cycle. The first thing they did was give me an IV for a while then I had to drink contrast to light up my organs. I had to go into the room for the scan. There was a very nice doctor there who really made me feel calm because I did not know what was going on. All I knew was that it was a CAT SCAN after I had the SCAN they sent me back to the room to wait for results to come back. I started to get very bored because I was missing my family, friends, and my boyfriend. After a while the results came back in. Come to find out there was no problem going on with my body. I was just having very bad pain my doctor told me not to eat so much of spicy food for while and after that I had to wait for my discharge, so that I could go home after every thing was over. I felt so happy that nothing bad was going wrong! So I would like to send my thanks out to the hospital and all of the doctors who help me over come my fear about coming to the hospital for the first time and I also want to thank this web site for letting me share my experience of having a CT SCAN..