Macular Degeneration - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Macular Degeneration.
What treatment has been effective for your macular degeneration?

I am a 75 year old woman. I was diagnosed 3 months ago with ARMD in one eye. Blurred vision, but still able to see pretty well. Seldom even need reading glasses. The eye doctor showed me a photograph of the damage, which was obvious. I could eat green leafy vegetables, but the disease is progressive and not curable. I did not necessarily believe him, but went home to do immediate computer research. I read info and began taking Preserve Max Forte supplements (2 morning, 2 night) because they seemed to make sense. Up until 5 days ago, I saw no obvious changes, but in this past week, there is no question that the MD eye is less blurry. I can read small street signs now with that eye alone which I couldn't do a month ago. I also routinely take Omega 3 supplements and Red Yeast Rice for cholesterol, and have read that Omega 3 may be useful for MD..

Published: March 07

I have had macular degeneration for several years and have been getting Avastin injections ever since. .