Paronychia (Nail Infection) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Paronychia (Nail Infection).
What treatment has been effective for your paronychia (nail infection)?

I am going through chemotherapy and I just noticed my ring finger turning red first on the side and spreading up to the middle and sore to touch. I soaked it with equal parts of white vinegar and water and I scraped banana peel and applied around it with the use of Band-Aid. Now it is starting to dry and I have less pain. I went to show it to my doctor the following day and he advised me to put triple antibiotic if my paronychia got worse. He asked me what I put, and I said I tried to use my emergency home remedy and it helps..

I found great relief for my paronychia with tea tree oil. Pain went away after I soaked it..