Aortic Aneurysm - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Aortic Aneurysm.
What symptoms did you experience with your aortic aneurysm?

At 54, I survived a ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Jan. 18th, 2011, I'm speaking from firsthand experience I thought I had bi annual physicals, had no idea I had an aortic aneurysm! No sign or symptoms until: As I reflect back my symptoms include: I remember my eyes would sometimes blury or act as if they were crossed eyed vision. I recall getting cramps in my lower back area and these lower back cramps began to happen often; I would lay on the floor, ball up/fetal position and raising my legs up in the air the back cramps would release and go away. I fainted/passed out while being interviewed for a transfer request by my employer. Awakened by my employer, he said he would get someone to take me to the hospital, but made me promise that I would go to the emergency room. And we did. I was in the emergency room all day laying in real pain in the lower back area, but this time no matter what I tried, the pain would not release. Late that same afternoon, while lying in the emergency room, the AAA ruptured, and emergency surgery followed. I lost 10 pints of blood from the time they wheeled me from the ER to the Emergency Operating Room. My abdomen was swollen as if I were 9 mos. pregnant as the result of the amount of blood loss within just a few minutes. I'm so lucky to be alive. For me, I was at the right place at the right time thanks to my employer's encouraging word to get this check out right away. .

I had 10 days of loose bowels and belly pains. My aneurysm was discovered fortunately as an MRI was taken. It was 9 cm large and close to rupturing. .