Aortic Aneurysm - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Aortic Aneurysm.
What symptoms did you experience with your aortic aneurysm?

My husband died from a ruptured aortic aneurysm. He had no symptoms until he fainted one morning. We rushed to the emergency room thinking he had a mild heart attack even though he had no pain. On the way there he began vomiting, sweating and became confused. He passed away during surgery 5 hours later..

Published: December 29

I was working at home the weekend of 12/8 to 10/2013. I was feeling pretty good. After I went to bed about 11 pm, I started having stomach pains; as if I had to have a bowel movement. The pain progressively worsened and I got scared. I knew this was not normal for me. I called 911, the EMS (Emergency Medical Services) workers came immediately, assessed me and took me to the emergency room. Within 30 minutes of arrival, a CT scan was done and I was rushed into surgery. I was diagnosed with a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. When I work up 5 days later, the medical staff told me, if I had ignored the pain, I would have died in my bed. I had no prior symptoms and since I did not fit the category to be tested for an aneurysm, I simply did not know! Please, for goodness' sake and your wellbeing, do not ignore it when your body starts talking to you. If there is the slightest thing out of the normal, please get it checked out. Better safe than sorry! I am alive and well 2 plus years later..