Viral Pneumonia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Viral Pneumonia.
What symptoms did you experience with viral pneumonia?

With viral pneumonia I had 5 weeks of sickness, treated with four antibiotics, Tamiflu and fluids, but was never hospitalized. I had 103 F temperature last night, extreme pain in my throat, tiredness, and pressure in ears..

I went to the doctor with high fever, cough, fatigue and fainting. The doctor would not prescribe antibiotics, and told me to just take Tylenol to reduce the fever. It kept getting worse and finally she gave me an antibiotic (after 10 days) but it was too late! I ended up nearly passing out again in the emergency room. I had viral pneumonia and was admitted. Doctors have to start giving antibiotics when people are ill. I told the doctor I hadn't had antibiotics in years but she still refused to give them to me the first time I went in there. I am still not back to where I was; if I ever will be after all this. Poor diagnosis and poor treatment. Insist on antibiotics when you know you need them. New protocol does not work..