Viral Pneumonia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Viral Pneumonia.
What symptoms did you experience with viral pneumonia?

Published: December 17

I am a 38 year old woman. I had a few days of being ill with the flu (high temperatures and aching) and had to stay in bed. Then I started to develop a cough, felt amazingly better for a few hours (and probably over did things in my euphoria!). Over the next few hours I became increasingly short of breath, classified by shallow, rapid breaths, very hot again and the cough increased. I went to our “out of hours” service and was told I had viral pneumonia. I was given steroids, a nebulizer and some antibiotics (just in case, although he thought it was unlikely to be bacterial), the Doctor ideally wanted me to go to hospital. After 12 hours my breathing had improved although I was still short of breath on exertion. The main treatment is rest and lots of fluids. Hope this helps someone. This was quite a frightening experience..

Published: December 14

Chills, coughing, abdominal pains..