Measles - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Measles.
What symptoms did you experience with measles?

With measles I had no rash, just a cough that was so bad it made my chest hurt every time I coughed. My body hurt at every touch, I had fever and stomach ache (around the diaphragm) that caused me to want to lie down and sleep. On top of that, my nose was clogged and congested, my eyes red, and I had no appetite. Water was my worst drink, I desired to eat fruits and sour things only, not a good experience..

Nine days ago my son presented with a bad rash on his arms. Two days later I took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with measles. He had just received his second MMR dose two weeks before for his four-year-old physical. Yesterday he seemed clear from the rash that eventually took over his entire body. We took him outside in the yard. It was an overcast day. The rash on his arms reappeared. .