Wrist Injury - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Wrist Injury (Wrist Fracture).
What was the cause of your wrist injury?

I tripped and fell 6 weeks ago grazing my left kneecap, hurting my left hand (palm side) and I have a bump on the left side of my head. Hand/fingers/neck and shoulder were x-rayed and no broken bones. Muscle spasms started in neck and shoulder (a week later) with pain when moving my neck or fingers. Physiotherapist weekly visits found muscle spasm in neck and shoulder, and I had pain on top of hand, later pain in upper arm, and now pain in outer elbow. I am wearing a wrist brace. I have burning tingling sensation inside my hand and sometimes lower arm on the inner side. Neck and shoulder pain is constant. Dull headaches are almost daily. I wonder if my entire arm from fingertip to top of shoulder should have been x-rayed. Pain in my hand/arm and neck varies from day to day..

Walking to the front door, I slipped on the tile floor (no slippers, big mistake). Stocking feet on tile is like walking on ice. I used my right hand to try and break my fall. The pain that followed was terrible. I just lay there. X-rays do not show any breaks, but it is a week now and I still have a lot of pain in my wrist. Be careful with splints. The first one they used was too tight, stopping blood flow and causing swelling. The one I got later made by Med Spec is perfect..