Guttate Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Guttate Psoriasis.
What were the symptoms of your guttate psoriasis?

My 7 year old daughter came home with Tonsillitis and I took her to the pediatrician. I never came down with it myself but I think my body was fighting it off. My lymph nodes were sore for a few days and 3 weeks later my skin broke out in guttate psoriasis. I went to a general doctor and they thought it was staph and they gave me antibiotics which did nothing. Then I went to a dermatologist who thought it was hot tub folliculitis. I went to seek a 3rd opinion and she took a biopsy from one of the spots on my back and it turned out to be guttate psoriasis. It has been almost 1.5 months now. I've tried steroid creams, oregano oil, tea leaves oil, and have been tanning in the sun and in tanning beds. It seems to be helping but the legs are harder to get rid of than my arms, stomach and back. It is 70 percent healed but has left my skin discolored and blotchy like the way scars discolor skin. Someone said Vaseline helps, maybe we always have to keep our skin super hydrated..

I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis last summer after having strep throat. This disease covered 90% of my body. The only spots it didn’t spread was my face and my neck. During the six-week wait to see a dermatologist, I did some research to find out that the vitamin B in the sun’s rays have been known to cure the rash. After no amounts of medication (internally and externally) were working, I thought I’d give the sun a try. After hours/days in the sun, the rash was gone! Every little piece of it! It has been almost A year since my breakout!.