Guttate Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Guttate Psoriasis.
What were the symptoms of your guttate psoriasis?

I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis last summer after having strep throat. This disease covered 90% of my body. The only spots it didn’t spread was my face and my neck. During the six-week wait to see a dermatologist, I did some research to find out that the vitamin B in the sun’s rays have been known to cure the rash. After no amounts of medication (internally and externally) were working, I thought I’d give the sun a try. After hours/days in the sun, the rash was gone! Every little piece of it! It has been almost A year since my breakout!.

I suddenly broke out in guttate psoriasis about a month ago after a bad case of strep throat. It started as a weird bumpy rash and eventually spread out into flat red circles with dry scales on top. After seeing the dermatologist and a family doctor, I got a round of antibiotics, topical steroids, Prednisone and slathering on Cerave moisturizing cream for weeks. I am finally seeing results. They aren’t kidding about this being a slow healing process. It has taken the whole month for them to fade to pink. I am hoping this is something I will never deal with again it really is awful and ruins your self-confidence. .