Electromyography (EMG) - Results

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Electromyography (EMG).
What did the results of your electromyography (EMG) determine?

Published: March 28

Doctor ordered an EMG. At testing, room was quite and peaceful. Initial placement was uneventful. When the electrical currents started, the pain was SO bad, I stopped the testing. It was very intense pain. Why are patients not warned? It was not mild or moderate or anything similar. It was dreadful for me, personally..

My name is Antonio, and I had an EMG test today. I did not receive any information prior the test from the health care, and they never told me how painful that could be. During the test when they inserted the needles, it was really painful. They moved the needle back and forth and inserted way deeper, causing a lot of pain, and the electric shocks, they were so intense that it caused my leg to shake really bad, I wonder if the person who was doing the test, tried to get any results. .