Spinal Tap - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Spinal Tap.
What was the cause of you needing a spinal tap?

I had a spinal tap 15 years ago for pseudotumor cerebri. I couldn't believe all the colors I could see afterwards. It took them 3 times to get into my spine and it really hurt but it got the pressure down in my brain. My doctor thinks my pressure is up again so in 2 days I need another spinal tap. I'm scared because 10 years ago I had a tumor taken out of my lumbar region and I'm afraid they are going to mess it up..

Published: June 02

My doctor ordered a spinal tap to check for multiple sclerosis. I had it done yesterday. I read online to drink lots of caffeine, so I drank pop before and been drinking coffee. I woke up this morning feeling good, no headaches. Just a little bit of pain where the needle was put in. But feeling great. No pain medicines..