Spinal Tap - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Spinal Tap.
What was the cause of you needing a spinal tap?

I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri, which means I have symptoms of a brain tumor without the tumor to take out. I received a spinal tap to relieve the swelling in my head. During the procedure, it felt like my eyes were going to pop out and my head was on fire, not to mention the needle in my back. I was released from the hospital 24 hours after the tap, but still had major headaches. It is now two days after the tap and I cannot even go take a quick bath without my head burning. I have to stay lying down. The Motrin I was given doesn't touch this pain. I guess I'll wait until I can get up without pain..

I have a spinal cord injury that showed up between two MRIs. I had an MRI in 2011 with no cord injury, then again in 2012, which then showed spinal cord Injury. My doctor wants a spinal tap done to rule out MS..