Spinal Tap - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Spinal Tap.
What was the cause of you needing a spinal tap?

Published: April 14

I was found unconscious in my apartment. I lost my primary care doctor and I was on a lot of medications, a doctor here only gives you 30 days to find a new doctor. That was impossible for me since it takes 60 days to get a new one. It is my feeling he put my life in grave danger since I could not get the medicine. I was 8 hours from certain death so a spinal tap was necessary..

I had a spinal tap 5 days ago. I've been having severe headaches and nausea, so they did a spinal tap to see if there was any bleeding on the brain. I still don't know what's wrong or why I'm having these headaches. I was discharged the next day with Panadol, a very mild painkiller, with a letter for my work to say I'll be fit for work in 3 days. It is day 5 and I feel worse than before I went to hospital, no one explained the side effects of a spinal tap. I'm still in bed, can't move from the pain, and headaches are worse; feels like somebody is trying to tear my head from my shoulders. Wishing I never had the spinal tap at all..