Barium Swallow - Test Results

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Barium Swallow.
What did the Barium Swallow test reveal?

I had the barium swallow with a small intestine follow through, I think at least 16 oz of the drink. I was fine for first and second day but on the third day I awoke with stomach cramps relieved with defecation but which returned when sitting. I have a mild form of diverticulitis. While my stools are returning to color the second day, I'm wondering if some of that chalk is trapped in my diverticula and will harden. I'm forcing plenty of water. I think this is why barium enemas have been replaced by colonoscopies..

The test revealed a hiatal hernia, but the worst part of the process was not being advised of the problems with constipation afterwards..