Dementia Overview - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dementia.
What are the symptoms of your dementia?

I wish to offer encouragement. My own hubby is exhibiting signs of dementia and we have our first appt. with a Neurologist on the 28th of October 2011. At present I do experience frustration, futility, anger at times but thank God not for long. I personally have a strong faith and faith background. I rely heavily upon God. That is the encouragement I offer. I know poor hubby is not sure what is going on. He has trouble getting words out. He has been an IDDM for 40 plus years, Hypothyroidism and pernicious anemia for 40 plus years also. He fell and broke his elbow and hip this year. Last year he had a stroke. His mobility is less and less. He is under doctor's care, Primary, Heart, Physical Therapy and now soon the Neurologist. I am healthy as a horse and so far, handling it the best I can. Good luck to everyone and prayers, too..

Husband has what was first diagnosed as alcohol related dementia, although his B1 was fine. He quit drinking but that didn't help. Now he has double vision and is losing depth perception, so he can't drive. He walks much more slowly than he used to and has lost muscle mass. When I am gone for more than a few days for my job he doesn't eat or hydrate enough and on two occasions has become delusional, thinking people are in our kitchen and he has to hide his wallet and passport--then forgets where he hides it. Used to be a master point bridge player and now cannot arrange cards. Can't focus on game either. He has passed initial neurologist's screen that it is not Alzheimer's..