Finger Injuries - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Finger Injuries.
What caused your finger injuries?

Published: June 03

About three days ago I sliced my smallest finger on a can. It bled quite a bit. I put a bandage on it for a few days. I have had a lot of pain and now I'm having pain in the ring finger next to it..

While taking my Irish wolfhound puppy (80 pounds) out of my car, I had the leash bunched up in my hand, looped around it. She jumped down and pulled one way and my ring finger went the other. It hurt terribly, but I thought it was fine. The big mistake was not removing my ring. I had to go to the ER at midnight that night because it had swollen so much that my ring was cutting into my finger. They took 45 of the most painful minutes of my life and worked the ring off. .