Cervicitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cervicitis.
What were the symptom of your cervicitis?

Published: June 25

With cervicitis I had two and a half years of pain, inflammation, extreme itchiness, UTIs (urinary tract infections) and pus discharge, every single day. I was on Depo-Provera injection at the beginning of symptoms, and when I stopped it made no difference to the symptoms. On top of everything, now I have heavy periods for a week, regularly, even though I have been told I am in menopause. I have had numerous tests, scans internal and external, blood and urine tests. It is not STD related. I have seen 2 gynecologists and 1 urologist, with no relief. I do not know what to do and worry nothing can be done medically..

Usually I undergo a Pap smear test once every year. Recently, I have done this. The results showed ASCUS. Doctor consulted to go for biopsy. I was horrified that this is required. The doctor advised that among many of the causes for ASCUS, one is cervical cancer. Hence it is required to rule that out. I have undergone biopsy. Until the results came out I was very much afraid. The report showed it is chronic cervicitis. The doctor gave me an antibiotic treatment and asked for repeat Pap smear after six months. The only symptoms experienced were pains during the intercourse and frequent urination..