Wound Care - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Wounds (Care).
What treatment was the best for your wound care?

I was cutting hair and string out of my vacuum spindle and got snagged as I pushed with a lot of force and slipped the very newly sharpened pocket knife blade punctured my hand straight down through the skin between my thumb and index finger. It began pushing out a lot of blood like a pump was pushing it out. I then rinsed it then wrapped it quickly. Rinsing it made very apparent. I found a deep scary hole with lots of initial pain, burning, and throbbing. I could barely feel anything wrong minutes after. I then rinsed it and cleaned it and to my surprise doing this did not hurt at all. Kept my hand elevated and about 20 minutes it began to burn very badly..

A friend recommended a product called Antiseptic Healing Ointment by Brave Soldier that was a GOD SEND! I suffered a nasty scrape across my face after being sent over the handlebars of my bike. Luckily my friend had used this ointment before so she gave me some to try when we got back to the house. I will never use anything else. I put the ointment on the scrape with a bandage and literally saw the healing happen when I changed the bandage at night. The entire scrape was healed in a week, and it left me with no scar. I don't know how this stuff works but I do know that I always have a tube at home now..