Shoulder Dislocation - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shoulder Dislocation.
What were the symptoms of your shoulder dislocation?

Published: March 25

I have extreme pain due to shoulder dislocation. I could not lower my arm or move it away from my body..

I was in a dog park where a poodle came running at my legs from back, I turned on the right to look and in the meantime, my balance went off. Urgent care did an XRAY and found that I have a shoulder dislocation. I was sent to the E.R., where the attending doctor tried the first technique to gently fix my shoulder with the pain medication, however the effect of pain medication lasted 15 min, and the pain came back. Later, an orthopedic surgeon was called and he used a pain killer, sleeping aid, injection at the shoulder and four helpers to push my shoulder in place. I don't remember how they fixed it but the pain intensity dropped. I have to go back to visit the clinic in 10 days..