Shoulder Dislocation - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shoulder Dislocation.
What were the symptoms of your shoulder dislocation?

Last Wednesday I was cleaning my office, and I had a shoulder subluxation in my right arm. My shoulder rolled out and snapped back in. It didn't hurt immediately but Thursday morning I was dying. I wasn't able to go to the ER until Friday night. They told me it was nothing and sent me home after taking five Tylenols and one 600mg Motrin, and a cheap sling. It is more than a week later now and the pain is worse especially in my base of my neck..

I have dislocated my right shoulder so many times that I have lost count. The first time I did it was swimming in a pool and as I moved my arm to the side and my shoulder popped out. I went to an outpatient medical center and I was given pain meds to help with the pain before x-rays. During the time of the pain meds and x-rays, my shoulder slide back into place on its own. Since that time, my shoulder has dislocated from reaching for something to just pushing myself up in bed..