Acute Kidney Failure - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acute Kidney Failure.
What are the symptoms of your acute kidney failure?

Published: June 04

Thank you to everyone that left their story! I started sleeping a lot and I had chills. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), so I often have the runs, they were worse than usual. I also was drinking a lot of water. Within a week, I started slipping into an 'altered state', which is a nice way of saying I was crazy! I had no awareness of this and I worked in a mental hospital. Luckily my sister found me and took me to the hospital. I was in for 4 days and they stated I had acute renal failure either from pneumonia or a UTI (urinary tract infection), both of which can cause memory loss and altered states. When I got out, my kidneys never quite bounced back and last month the doctor said I had 3rd stage kidney disease. I am waiting for results of my kidney ultrasound..

I was low on energy for about two weeks. One evening I fell between the bed and wall, and could not get up. I slid out on my back and began looking for a phone. During the process of sliding on my back all over the mobile home, I had diarrhea. This continued for about 10 hours. I finally found a phone and called 911. Emergency care diagnosed me with renal failure and I was admitted to the hospital for six days. Since that incident I have not had a solid bowel movement. Everything else works normally..