Thyroid Storm - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Storm.
What were the symptoms of your thyroid storm?

This is my second time going to the ER, my symptoms were difficulty swallowing, dizziness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, tremor, and confusion. I had thyroid cancer in 2009. I still have part of my thyroid, but I'm not sure what brings the storm to a head..

I felt like there was pressure around my throat, like choking. Then felt like I needed to vomit. The vomiting was pretty violent. I broke out into a sweat where I was very cold. I had tingling in the hands and feet then all over before passing out. When I came to, I had used the bathroom on myself I had no control of my body. My husband took me to the emergency room. On the ride there I really thought I was dying. I could hear him talking to my daughter but I could not respond to them. The ambulance they met said my blood pressure had bottomed out and the blood work from ER showed I was low on potassium, they said everything else was normal. A week and a half earlier, I had the right side of my thyroid removed due to a large benign nodule on the right side of thyroid. .