Adhesions, General and After Surgery - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Adhesions (General and After Surgery).
Please describe your adhesions, general and after surgery.

I have had numerous abdominal surgeries. In 2004 I had a hysterectomy and have been in pain ever since. In 2008 I had to have a colostomy and have been experiencing increasingly debilitating pain ever since. Now on twice daily slow release morphine and regular panadeine forte. I have gone from working 10 hours 6 days a week to barely functioning. I am amazed that doctors fail to warn of possibility of adhesions prior to surgery..

When I was five years old, I had surgery on my abdomen for the removal of a mesentery cyst the size of a small football. It was attached to my small intestines and part of them were also removed..