Adhesions, General and After Surgery - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Adhesions (General and After Surgery).
What were the symptoms of your adhesions? Please describe your experience.

I had pilonidal surgery (2 years ago) to remove large non-draining cyst to relieve tailbone pain. Site healed well, but I was never able to sit back on tailbone. Subsequently I was diagnosed with a tailbone that curls too far under, pudendal neuralgia, trochanteric bursitis, and now pelvic floor prolapse in the last couple of months. There is also a bony spicule right in the same area. MRIs, CT scans, x-rays all show nothing abnormal. I have been on pain relievers for 2 years, have had 12 pelvic floor physiotherapy treatments, plus needling into the scar tissue (adhesions), which provide a little relief..

In 1977 I had gallbladder surgery where they cut me straight down the middle. Around 2000 I started getting severe pain in abdomen that wouldn't let up. I went to the emergency room and was told I had small bowel obstruction. They basically just pumped me full of fluids by IV and did x-rays every day. About every six months since then I get obstructions. I had surgery in 2008 to remove 10 inches of my colon due to diverticulosis and surgeon said I was full of adhesions that made the surgery difficult. He put his hand in my abdomen and tried to break some of them loose. I didn't have any problems until 2012 and was back in the hospital again with bowel obstruction. The pain is horrible. My chiropractor uses an infra-red laser on my abdomen to help loosen up the adhesions. It is like an ultrasound and it works. He keeps me out of the hospital. He also has me on a homeopathic medicine called ScarCure for scars and adhesions. I spray it in my mouth 3 times a day. I don't know if it works yet, I just started using it this week..