Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus.
What were the symptoms of your normal pressure hydrocephalus?

I started to feel off balance 4 years ago. I had an MRI and was diagnosed with normal pressure hydrocephalus. I was around 68 at the time. I had the shunt surgery 2 and a half years ago and it much improved my gait and the urinary incontinence somewhat. Now, at the age of 71, gait seems to have somewhat worsened and also sometimes I cannot control my bowels. What I hate the most is the constant feeling of being very tired and always just wanting to sleep. I feel very guilty about spending so much time in bed! There is problem also with my short term memory at times and confusion. Often I can't remember where I parked at store parking lots. I hate it with a passion! I especially miss dancing which I so loved to do most of my life! Husband not being very supportive or sympathetic doesn't help much either. I'm just so thankful for my daughter and 2 years old grandson. They're about all that keeps me going..

Twenty five years ago my husband had a ruptured aneurysm ensuing which shunt was placed. Over the past couple years I noticed first his gait getting bad. Then his cognition. I feared he was headed to early dementia and finally got an appointment with a neurosurgeon who told me his shunt had failed! Some more of his symptoms of his hydrocephalus included recent incontinence and very, very slow thinking. I'm wondering if loss of libido is tied in to all this. The recent shunt revision has evidently failed also and he is, tomorrow the 29th, headed for a second surgery to find out what's going on..