Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus.
What were the symptoms of your normal pressure hydrocephalus?

Twenty five years ago my husband had a ruptured aneurysm ensuing which shunt was placed. Over the past couple years I noticed first his gait getting bad. Then his cognition. I feared he was headed to early dementia and finally got an appointment with a neurosurgeon who told me his shunt had failed! Some more of his symptoms of his hydrocephalus included recent incontinence and very, very slow thinking. I'm wondering if loss of libido is tied in to all this. The recent shunt revision has evidently failed also and he is, tomorrow the 29th, headed for a second surgery to find out what's going on..

With my normal pressure hydrocephalus I have tiredness a lot of the days, and my energy level is low. I have been taking various exercise classes, the latest being tai chi. I believe these classes have helped somewhat with my balance, but for sure I have not returned to pre-symptom stage, unfortunately. One of the medications I take is an antidepressant. With all of the side effects that medications have you have to wonder if they are helping or hindering. Good luck..