Bulimia - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bulimia.
Please describe your experience with bulimia.

I'm 14 and I have suffered with bulimia since I was 12. It was a competition who looks the best and to get your figure looking like the models in the magazines, as soon as I ate anything I would run upstairs and make myself sick and exercise in my room for hours. When I turned 14, I thought I was over making myself sick and I didn't care what people thought of me. But recently, a boy has made me feel like I wasn't good enough for him and he would only go for other prettier skinnier girls. Because of this, I didn't eat for 3 days. Then I started to make myself sick again. I had to force myself to eat and wish I didn't feel the way I do. I wish I never started this, and I want to tell you guys if you are thinking about making yourself sick or wanting to stop eating just so you can look like others, DON'T! It's like an addiction and you're probably already beautiful anyway..

I have been struggling with bulimia and many other eating disorder behaviors for 15 years. I came very close to dying. I recieved intensive outpatient treatment. 6 weeks Monday through Friday for 5 hours. I'm now seeing a therapist, psychiatrist and a nutritionist, and I still can not get a handle on my behaviors. I'm urging anyone who might be struggling with an eating disorder to get help. The longer you go, the harder it is. If you worry about a loved one don't sit back. Help without judgment. Educate yourself about eating disorders and know that it's not about the food or weight. There are always other underlying issues..