Knee Dislocation - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Dislocation.
What symptoms did you experience with your knee dislocation?

I had this knee dislocation accident when I was going to drop my brother to his nearby coaching center. My bike slipped and I had this dislocation. For the moment I was not able to feel, but after I got back home, I couldn't move my knee, as it was too painful. I consulted my doctor and had it x-rayed. It showed a minor dislocation. The severe pain I was experiencing is gone but whenever I hit my knee to something, even when I put my knee on floor it hurts badly..

My knee has been dislocating since I’ve been 16 years old. I’m 48 now. Every emergency room and orthopedic I have been to keep telling me I’m perfectly fine. Over the years it has become so easy for it to shift. It can happen when I’m stretching or when I turn my legs a certain way. I experience the numbness from the knee down, and extreme pain and swelling. I can’t walk when this happens. The longest it has stayed displaced is a week. It slides back in on its own, and I can walk again like nothing happened. I don’t know what kind of doctor can help me..