Knee Dislocation - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Dislocation.
What symptoms did you experience with your knee dislocation?

My knee dislocated about 6 years ago now while I was playing touch rugby. I went to step and it popped out and then popped back in straight away. I fell to the ground as the pain was unbearable. I am lucky my brother in-law had his crutches with him as he had broken his leg a few months earlier. As I was walking back to the car I felt like fainting as the pain was sooo bad. When I went to the doctor the next day he had taken 6 syringes of blood out of my knee as it was swollen. I didn't go back to the doctor after that and regret it to this day. In the last 6 years I haven't been able to play any type of sports as my knee keeps popping out. I only wish I had gone and got it checked out back then..

My dislocation happened while playing football with my friends. It was an uneven surface at some part of the football field, and while tackling my opponent, I landed my foot in a hole. The leg twisted a bit and at the same time, the whole weight dropped over the same leg and the knee got dislocated, just like that. I felt nothing in the beginning but was not able to stand on my leg and slowly the pain got on me. .