Boxer's Fracture - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Boxer's Fracture.
What were the symptoms of your boxer's fracture?

I broke the base of the fifth metacarpal in January 2015 and here it is May of 2015 and I still can't make a fist, the wrist is very painful, and when bending the ring and pinky finger it feels like the knuckles are going to pop through the skin. When the dog nudges my fingers from the middle one to the pinky, or I just bump them, I am in tears from the pain. I am usually quite stoic but, this has been quite the ordeal. The knuckle at the base of the pinky is below the knuckle of the ring finger. It is not in alignment at all..

I was helping a girlfriend of mine who is currently addicted to heroin. I was helping her detox. (I don't want my friend to die). But by day 4 things got ugly and I have a classic brawler’s hand injury now. My 4th and 5th metacarpals and pinky metacarpal-phalangeal are broken. The cast has been on 6 weeks. I plan to take it off this week. It hurts. That’s all I can say and now I own a heavy bag..