Nail Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Nail Psoriasis.
What symptoms did you experience with your nail psoriasis?

I'm a 45 year old healthy woman with psoriatic nails on my big toes on both feet. I've used steroid drops with minimal improvement. I've taken to soaking them in warm salt water once a week, gently using a nail brush on the nails and keeping them trimmed back where they lift up. I'm hoping that the warm water will help improve circulation; the salt will have a healing soothing effect to the affected skin..

My son is 8 years old and he has been diagnosed with ONLY Nail Psoriasis by three different doctors. He has no family history of Psoriasis on either side of his family. One Dr. from Houston said it was the worst case he's seen on a child but since he is a child, the treatments are too strong for his body to handle. He is a perfectly healthy boy aside from the nail psoriasis. We are at a loss of what to do next. It is starting to negatively impact him in school. Kids his age don’t understand that they can't contract what he has. It hasn't gotten better in the last three years, only worse. It is now on identical fingers and toes but not at all on his skin. The dermatologist recently prescribed Urea for him. His nails have fallen off but not entirely they're still in the "crumbling" stage. All I can do is take him to another Dr. and hope he has a different treatment for him. I really hope a cure is found for this..