Nail Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Nail Psoriasis.
What symptoms did you experience with your nail psoriasis?

My fingers split under the nails and on the side of the nail because of nail psoriasis. Feels like a splinter is being inserted ever so slowly and the result when symptoms start to appear is much joint pain and stiffness, and muscle aches. Sometimes my entire body feels affected..

I'm a 45 year old healthy woman with psoriatic nails on my big toes on both feet. I've used steroid drops with minimal improvement. I've taken to soaking them in warm salt water once a week, gently using a nail brush on the nails and keeping them trimmed back where they lift up. I'm hoping that the warm water will help improve circulation; the salt will have a healing soothing effect to the affected skin..