Encephalitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Encephalitis.
What symptoms did you experience with your encephalitis?

In 1981 I was pregnant and had severe headaches, seizures that started at my feet and rolled up through my head, and I could not walk or see. I lived in Vienna, Austria. They put me in a mental ward. My husband got me out and to California and I was diagnosed with encephalitis. Twenty years later when more was known of this illness I found a psychiatrist who understood and helped me significantly. Light medication helps keep me stable. A spouse willing to help me was critical. I suffer from memory loss, speech problems, coordination problems, and sleep problems. Eighty percent of people die from this. It is a serious and dangerous illness..

My child was 14 years old out of nowhere he started having seizures that last 54 days he was on life support and wasn’t expected to live he lost all his memory speech how to eat walk even me, nothing seemed to stop his seizures until he was given a vns stimulator and finally woke up, they said he’d never be the same he’s slowly regaing memory and walking eating but is still having seizures, my son is a walking miracle and I know with my help he will fully recover, doctors are amazed of the lil boy that’s survived this horrible infection!.