Encephalitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Encephalitis.
What symptoms did you experience with your encephalitis?

My child was 14 years old out of nowhere he started having seizures that last 54 days he was on life support and wasn’t expected to live he lost all his memory speech how to eat walk even me, nothing seemed to stop his seizures until he was given a vns stimulator and finally woke up, they said he’d never be the same he’s slowly regaing memory and walking eating but is still having seizures, my son is a walking miracle and I know with my help he will fully recover, doctors are amazed of the lil boy that’s survived this horrible infection!.

Published: April 23

I presented with encephalitis in 1979. I apparently became immediately confused and totally unable to care for myself. Friends found me after my family called and asked them to check on me due confusing phone calls. I did not get medical help for two to three months into the illness due my father’s inability to understand/refusal to understand. He felt all "psychiatric" issues could be dealt with by vitamins, and my presentation was psychiatric in nature. Two years into the illness I was finally able to again seek employment and a somewhat full life. I recall that it was not easy and nothing like my previous life of a smart corporate manager with friends and high expectations of myself..