Foley Catheter - Procedure

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Foley Catheter.
What procedure did you have that required a Foley catheter?

Published: June 15

I had a prostate biopsy, and I have had a Foley catheter in for 14 days..

Published: June 10

My husband had a Foley catheter put in because he went to the bathroom often and had a slight bladder infection. His urine has been clear since he's home and the urine has been clear and filling the bag often. That's good they tell us. I have to take care he doesn't get infection or because of his Parkinson's disease, tear it out. Sometimes he just thinks something tied around his penis. We are depressed and more disabled with that in there all the time. I am an arthritic wife with heart trouble. It's very hard for me to take care of my husband. He still gets up to try and go to the bathroom and I have to jump up, stop him, and talk him back into bed..