Wilderness: Ear Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ear Infection.
What symptoms did you experience with your ear infection?

Constant ringing in both ears, left ear is extremely sore inside and I have regular pain that shoots down inside the ear, down my jaw and neck area below the ear. If I use ear drops or spray and lay on my side the pain subsides, but this is only temporary. It feels like the inner ear is inflamed as I can feel pressure when moving my jaw (chewing and eating can be quite painful). I have suffered from this for over 4 years and it comes and goes. The ringing is the only constant which does not cause physical pain, but is irritating especially at night or when in a quiet environment..

Published: April 27

Ringing in both ears that progressively got louder and louder. Pain in both ears and stuffy nose and facial pain in and around nose and eyes. I had chills and felt warm to the touch, but my temperature is usually always subnormal and was 94.7 when I checked for fever. When I would lie down, it was painful to sleep on either side of my head. In fact, my scalp in the temporal region felt swollen and painful to the touch. I'm on Cipro for 4 days now and still have symptoms. I think I should have ear drops but doctor has not mentioned it..