Solitary Pulmonary Nodule - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Solitary Pulmonary Nodule.
What was the cause of your solitary pulmonary nodule?

Published: December 17

I had an 8mm nodule found randomly during a CT scan for something else. It was speculated in the left upper lobe. The physician and surgeon told me it was likely malignant. I am a 57 year old Caucasian female, and I’ve never smoked. I had the nodule removed with the less invasive Da Vinci robot system method. They did a lung resection. Since the surgery, 9 months ago, I no longer have asthma and feel great. Tough surgery though. But good to know that it is not always cancer..

I was diagnosed with SPN and I await the results of my biopsy in two days. After doing some research on this I am pleased to know that it can go either way. I am praying that it will be benign. However if not, it is smaller than 2mm so I am thankful that I will probably be able to have it surgically removed..