Bone Marrow Biopsy - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bone Marrow Biopsy.
Why did you have a bone marrow biopsy performed?

Published: December 31

I had bone marrow biopsy performed today at the cancer hospital and it did hurt during the procedure. However after the procedure there was no pain. The real pain was there for about one minute and that was not unbearable. When it was done the first time five months ago there was no pain but I had severe pain for a few hours afterwards. This is a good test for diagnosis and treatment of blood cancers and if I have to do it again I will do it willingly..

My daughter has had leukemia, and as part of a trial she will have her 17th aspiration tomorrow. She has Entonox gas during the bone marrow biopsy procedure with makes her very silly but does help with the pain..