Crohn's Disease in Children, Teens - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Crohn's Disease in Children and Teens.
What symptoms did your child or teen experience with Crohn disease?

My son is 8 and his preliminary diagnosis from an upper and lower scope is Crohn's. He started showing symptoms about two months ago with stomach cramping. I also remember him have a sore in his mouth about a month after his first stomach cramp. About two weeks ago we took him for his annual well check and he hadn't gained any weight in a year and had lowered in his height percentage. The doc ordered blood work and that's when the big red flag came up. His blood count was low and his SED rate was very high (about 550). We are currently awaiting the biopsy results from the scopes..

Published: June 21

I have 3 precious little boys. My youngest little man is five years old, and has had these symptoms for almost two years. I have made progress in getting him diagnosed after several doctors and ER visits. His current pediatrician has referred us to a gastroenterologist. It has been determined that he has inflammation in his stomach and small intestines. Also, his stool sample came back positive for blood. The gastroenterologist has ordered a second stool sample. .