Torticollis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Torticollis.
What treatment did you receive for your torticollis?

I've received Botox shots every 3 months for 15 years. I still get some relief from the Botox but not like I did early on. I get 400 units at a time. I have muscle spasms and jerks along with turning of the head. Sometimes I wonder how I can deal with this for the rest of my life. Twice the shots were given too close to the throat and I would choke on my saliva. I lived on baby food for weeks. I take Flexeril at night and Cymbalta in the morning but nothing really helps. .

Published: June 19

I have had torticollis. I have had it for 28 years. At first, I could hardly walk, sleep or sit. I had much pain and I felt like a freak because of the way I appeared. I started Botox injections, which I have been getting about every 3 months for about 10 years. It seemed to help quite well; gone are the days of slumping in chairs and holding my head up with my hand. .