Torticollis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Torticollis.
What treatment did you receive for your torticollis?

For infrequent episodes of painful torticollis, a short 5 day course of oral prednisone (20 mg 3 times daily, tapered rapidly and decrementally to 5 mg 3 times daily, before stopping has been effective..

I have had torticollis on and off since I was about 18 years old, I found the only treatment for me was a visit to my chiropractor. My family doctor only wanted to clear it by giving me pain killers, which to me is not a solution, only a Band-Aid. I will be heading off to my chiropractor on Monday as the weekend is here, I unfortunately woke up this morning only to find I had it again. Happy to say it has been some years since I have had it. My answer to anybody with it is try a chiropractor..