Amenorrhea - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Amenorrhea.
What was the cause of your amenorrhea?

I was pregnant after the removal of my hormonal implant. The pregnancy stopped growing when I was mistakenly giving a contraceptive hormone to prevent the pregnancy from abortion. It's been over four month since I had the pregnancy evacuated and since then have not seen my period (amenorrhea)..

I just found out that I have had amenorrhea for years. I was 10 when I had my first monthly, then I stopped two years later. My mom took me to the doctor and he put me on two pills. By age of 15 I started having monthly once every three month and by age 17 it went every month. I was on the birth control pill for 5 years, then doctor took me off it saying I didn't need it no more. Since then my husband and I try to have baby, but no go, and at that we went to a doctor and diagnosed with amenorrhea. Now I'm 44 doctors don’t want to do anything about it. I guess I'm too old to have baby in my life now..