Choking - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Choking.
What was your experience with choking?

I choked drinking a glass of water. This happened so fast I could not breathe at all, not even with my nose. I knew I was going to die. No time to call rescue. My husband quickly grabbed me up and took me to my CPAP machine, put it on me and thank goodness I was able to slowly able to breathe again. I know I wasn’t going to breath on my own. The way it was I knew I would not be able to hold on for the medics to get me help! I thank my wonderful husband for life!.

Published: April 28

My sister choked at a wedding reception. The first sign was saliva running out of the corner of her mouth. This is a sign of choking although you do not mention is here, as the victim cannot swallow their own saliva. The Heimlich maneuver was performed and her airway was cleared, thank goodness..