Electrolytes - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Electrolytes.
What conditions have you experienced from having too many or too few electrolytes?

My husband took hour-long, hot baths for three months while sipping ice water in the tub. One day he started having leg cramps but ignored them until the cramps almost paralyzed him and he finally called for help. I called 911 and they took him to the ER. His muscles were so cramped up he couldn't talk and was in agony for a couple hours until his blood test came back and they put him on potassium overnight. He was back to normal levels the next day, but has some minor loss of kidney functions. Now his electrolytes can get out of balance easily and he has to be careful of drinking too much water or eating too little salt or he feels confused and weak..

Published: March 08

I was admitted to the ER with numbness in my left arm and it turned out to be very low electrolytes. Magnesium to be exact. After receiving a couple of IVs of magnesium the numbness is gone. Thank God it had nothing to do with my heart..