Bruises - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bruises.
What was the cause of your bruise?

I have difficulty coping with stress, a situation recently got out of control and I left my husband to then take charge over it. Soon, I had noticed purplish blue circular bruises covering both my arms, top to wrists! Within hours, they were turning bright red with a yellowish center! There were so many and diff sizes too. By 4 days, all were gone! My sister saw them, she's a cardiac trauma registered nurse, tried telling me I was about to go into myocardial infarction and get to the emergency room! Though fearful, I did not. I cannot find what had happened..

I have a bruise on ankle and it does not hurt. It is light in the morning and gets darker by evening. I have no idea what happened..