Cluster Headache - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cluster Headache.
What symptoms do you experience with your cluster headaches?

Published: December 05

My symptoms are right sided nasal congestion, nasal dripping, cheek, side of nose and orbital pain, tinnitus, and a frothy discharge from my eye. My cluster headaches started in October seven years ago. I thought it was some sort of tooth ache because they were pretty much continuous. It lasted a couple of weeks, stopped and reappeared in March. Since then I have them continuously. I used aspirin for a year before it worked for me. The best treatment that I have had was Lidocaine injections..

I have been having cluster headaches for years now. I have them for eight months out of the year, four months on with two-month breaks in between. I get up to twenty a day, I have tried all the preventatives and none work, Topamax even makes them worse. So I rely on my sumatriptan injections to get relief. The only drawback is Medicare only pays for four kits or eight shots, but they work like a miracle for me. I am 42 and they sometimes make me cry like a baby because they feel like it is ripping my head apart. It is always on my left side behind my eye. If you haven't tried the injections, get them! The headaches are gone within minutes. Good luck to all you fellow sufferers..