Chemical Burns - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chemical Burns.
What type of chemical burn did you experience?

I used a rag with mineral spirits to wipe dust off boards I was going to stain. Without thinking, I put the rag in my hip pocket. Within a half hour, the mineral spirits had soaked through my pants and underwear, and I felt a burning sensation. Later, I looked at the area, and it was red. I washed it off and put burn ointment on it, but it is still hurting several hours later. I have used mineral spirits lots of times, and this is the first time I have had a problem..

I used an in Home Hair color to cover my gray and left it on a little too long, 1st day no problems, 2nd day serious redness on my face, 10 days later I nearly Died! Puss, Bleeding, from my scalp, My ear canal swelled shut, yellow fluid seeped from my eyes, my face swelled, My privates itched, my entire body was covered in a deep rash with welts, Both my ears cracked and seeped and bled. I finally went to the ER only because I knew I was about to die. They gave me steroid shot, pain killers, antibiotics, naproxen and steroid prescriptions. It has been 22 days since I used the color and I'm still suffering but not as bad. I am still not sure if I have any scaring..