Munchausen Syndrome - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Munchausen Syndrome.
Please describe your experience with Munchausen syndrome.

That sounds like my sister; she swears all her children have some sort of ailment. No peanuts, citrus, or dairy for the oldest one. No wheat or sugar for the youngest. She tells them that it will make them itch. Both children have eczema which of course has to be caused by foods, not that they have ever been properly tested. The other child was adopted from another country; she was shopped around until a specialist said she has thyroid disease because she "gets cold after she eats". After 3 years, this is a new problem. She also complains how tired she is being a stay at home mother, even though all kids are in school..

I have a husband who decides to have to some kind of health issue after I have had a real health problem. One time after I had a heart attack he decided not to take his blood pressure meds and insulin and ended up in the hospital. Another time he fell in a mole hole and broke his foot. A third time he found a piece of bathroom floor to slip on and broke his ankle in three places and ended up in a full leg cast. He was in a wheel chair. I was getting ready for some serious spine surgery. I broke my foot and couldn't drive. He fell a couple of times, blood pressure and blood sugar spiked really high. He ended up in the hospital. Every time I had a health issue he seemed to one that required my attention no matter what was going on with me. My doctor shared this pattern and I think he's on the right path..