Drug Allergy - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Drug Allergy.
What drug(s) are you allergic to, and what type of reaction do you experience?

Published: April 19

I have taken simvastatin for years. I have had two mild allergic reactions in the past, but yesterday was really scary. My whole body started itching, and it was very painful to touch. I found it very difficult to breath. In fact, I was gasping for breath. Plus, I had bloody diarrhea..

Published: June 17

I am allergic to Salazopyrin. I swelled up and broke out in blisters on my hands, face and neck. I spent a week in hospital. I’m told that I’m allergic to medications that contain sulphur and that sulphuric medications can be fatal for me..