Postpartum Depression - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Postpartum Depression.
What were your symptoms of postpartum depression?

I began to cry a lot, beginning about 2 weeks after my baby was born. I could not make decisions or organize my thoughts - even something as simple as preparing a grocery list was too hard to do. I could not concentrate to read more than one or two pages, even though I had always been an avid reader. I was overwhelmed with feelings of guilt and anxiety and felt that I was a terrible mother. All of the little issues in life that were manageable in the past became huge and overpowering. Sleep was difficult and I felt continually exhausted. I sought professional medical help and with medication, therapy, and the help of a strong support system, made it through the lengthy process to recovery..

Published: March 24

I felt trapped in a disgusting body and felt 100% that my husband did not want me anymore. I felt that my entire essence had been stolen, like I no longer had a soul and it was replaced with negative nothingness. I stopped cleaning my home, too (which is NOT my normal behavior). There was this tiny little voice in my head telling me nothing but bad things and I was convinced that it was true. I didn't feel suicidal, but I felt like what was the point in living. For some reason, it was worse at night time. Then finally one morning I woke up and I knew I was feeling better. In 3 days time, I was better. My depression started at 3 weeks postpartum and lasted a week but felt like much longer..