Fungal Nail Infection - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fungal Nail Infection (Onychomycosis).
What effective treatments have you found for fungal nail infections?

I have had a fungal nail infection for a long time and a few weeks ago I started being analytical on how to treat it since nothing helped. I bought Odor Eaters foot powder and before bed I filled up each sock with about a quarter of foot powder put them on and went to sleep. In the morning I would take the socks off and lay them next to my bed for the other nights and about three to four days later I noticed that the black infected toe was very white and it was the first time that I was able to clip it since it was too hard and infected to clip before. Anyway I just want to share this in case anyone wants to try this. If you have fingers that are infected you can try this too; put the hands in the socks quartered with the foot powder before you fall asleep each night for about four days or a bit more..

Published: April 23

I was working with a medical caravan team in Mexico as an interpreter and the Dr. prescribed seven tablets of fluconazole 150 mg for seven days. She said the nail should return to normal as the nail grew out and was slowly trimmed away. .